Copies of our Credit Application Forms can be found on our documents page and they are unique to each geographical location. Horizon’s FMC Tariff Rules for the USA are also published here.
This chart is a general outline of costs and risks. For specific guidance, consult Incoterms 2010, published by the International Chamber of Commerce. Only CIF and CIP place an obligation on anyone to purchase cargo insurance. However, it is usually a good idea for the seller or buyer to purchase insurance to protect against risk.
Aircraft loads can consist of containers, pallets, or a mix of ULD types, depending on requirements.
- ULD pallets are rugged sheets of aluminum with rims designed to lock onto cargo net lugs.
- ULD containers, also known as cans and pods, are closed containers made ofaluminum or combination of aluminum (frame) and Lexan (walls). Depending on the nature of the goods to be transported, these may have built-in refrigeration units.
A Full Container Load (FCL) is a standard (20 or 40 ft length) container, depending on the country of origin. FCL means the loading reaches its allowable maximum weight or full measurement. In practice, FCL in sea freight does not always mean that container shipping companies will pack a container to its full payload or full capacity. Сontainer loading is a difficult procedure and during the loading it is necessary to take great care in order to avoid cargo damage
Less than Container Load (LCL) is a shipment that is not large enough to fill a standard cargo container.
Click for a list of Air Freight Containers
Click for a list of Air Freight Pallets
Click for a list of Ocean Freight Containers
- International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) regulations about transporting dangerous goods by air
- International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) guidance on the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) code for the shipping of dangerous goods by sea
US Export Administration Regulations
- Commonly known as the EAR, this acts as a connection to the actual U.S. export regulations
US Customs Forms