FCL FULL CONTAINER SERVICES
Horizon uses Full Container Load FCL services to provide clients with reliable, flexible and cost efficient ocean transportation globally.
Full Container Load (FCL) – serves those clients with larger volumes of cargo. With FCL you have exclusive rights to the container and therefore, from packing at origin through to devan at destination, the container will only ever contain your cargo.
Containers are sealed at the point of loading and the doors remain so through to delivery to final destination point (customs permitting). This makes FCL one of the safest and most secure modes of sea transportation.
Horizon has forged strong and longstanding relationships with all major steamship lines and can provide a range of solutions to suit every budget and timescale.
As an accredited NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier), we are able to select the best price/service combination to suit the varied needs of our clients. We are able to offer fixed/capped rate options, coupled with reduced rates when markets soften.
Container visibility is available online through our system hiCloud Ship, enabling clients to view all shipments in transit at the click of a mouse and via our global network with over 2000 locations, “we’ve got you covered”.
Advantages of Full Container Load Shipping with HORIZON
- Price Stability – Horizon are able to negotiate annual, fixed-rate contracts – enabling you to accurately project your shipping costs months in advance.
- Quay Rent – Horizon have negotiated extended free quay rent periods, enabling you to avoid hefty demurrage charges.
- Protected Space Allocations – Horizon have secured protected allocations on key tradelanes, reducing the risk of offload and delay during peak seasons.
- Visibility – containers can be tracked directly via steamship lines websites, giving live status and eta information.
- Security – containers are loaded at your or your supplier’s door and remain sealed until received at final destination.
- Speed – full container loads are dedicated to your consignment alone, meaning there is no requirement for unloading and splitting individual consignments for delivery.
- Cost – providing the volume of cargo exceeds a minimum threshold, the price of a container is generally fixed, which means the more you are able to load inside, the lower the cost per unit becomes.
The client supplies corporate branded merchandise to motor racing teams, competing in a global championship. Merchandise is required by pop-up concession stores at each race circuit and must be delivered in advance of the race weekend, lasting just 4 days. Timeframes are tight and must be met.
The challenge was to provide inventory management of 500 product lines across multiple storage locations, receiving of client orders (24/7/365) and dispatching directly to theatres within agreed timescales.
Each event and tour is completely different and so the supply chain requirement is bespoke every time. Many sites have limited equipment and loading / unloading restrictions and operating times.
Our client approached us with a project to supply corporate merchandise packs to over 100 recipients, all private individuals, across the globe on behalf of a tech giant. The challenge was to manage all local customs & tax requirements as well as deliveries to customer door whilst avoiding involvement from the end-customer.
Books are required to support specific museum exhibitions and therefore timing is critical. Orders are placed to ensure that completion dates coincide. Orders are delivered to two US and one UK location.
Horizon International are pleased and proud to have worked closely with Josh Renouf, founder & designer of the amazing Barisieur from his initial Kickstarter product launch to over 2,000 global backers through to his evolution into an eCommerce and Retail business.